This page contains Syllabus of Internship of CSIT.
|Nature of course||Internship|
|Pass marks||64 +16|
Course Description: This course covers the real-world practice in industry. It includes using theoretical and practical knowledge while working in industry together with the understanding of industry culture.
Course Objectives: The objective of this course is to allow students into market industry and
gain real world experience. The course is expected to make students more pragmatic and
Units and Unit Content
- 1. Course Details:
- teaching hours: 0 hrs
Nature of Internship
The internship work should be relevant to the field of computer science and information technology. The nature internship may include design and development of software, hardware, network services, database systems etc. The internship duration should be minimum of 180 hours or ten weeks. The internship should be started tentatively by the 3rd week of start of eighth semester. The internship host organizations can be software/hardware development companies, telecommunications companies, network and internet service providers, financial organizations, health organizations etc.
The internship is an individual activity. The student should be responsible for the timely completion of all the activities and projects assigned, maintaining the professional quality. Each student should be facilitated with a mentor at the intern organization and a supervisor at the college/campus. Student should inform the status of all assignments to the mentor and supervisor. The student is expected to communicate frequently with the advisors on the progress and status of intern project(s)/activities. Each student must prepare and submit individual internship report on the basis of his/her work done during the internship period. Students working in group at the same organization should be able to distinguish their nature of work.
Phases of Internship
The following are the phases of internship evaluation:
- Proposal Submission: Students must submit and present internship proposal plan after 2nd week of start of the internship.
- Mid-Term Submission: Students must submit progress report and defend midterm progress of their internship work in the 11th week of the eight semester.
- Final Submission: Students must submit and defend the internship work during last week of the eight semester but before final board examination. The final defense will be followed 123 a viva voice conducted by an evaluation committee. Students must have to submit the internship final report to their respective department of college/campus before at least 10 days of final defense date. The report should be submitted in standard format as prescribed. The hard/soft copy of report should be made available to the external before a week of presentation date
Provision of Supervision
There should be a regular faculty member of the college assigned as a supervisor. The role of supervisor is to supervise the students throughout the internship period. A supervisor can supervise at most four internship students in a section.
Provision of Mentorship
There should be a regular employee of the intern providing organization assigned as a mentor. The role of mentor is to guide the students throughout the internship period at the organization.
1. Proposal Defense - 5% Marks of 200 (5 Marks Head/Program Coordinator + 5 Marks Supervisor)
2. Midterm - 15% Marks of 200 (5 Marks Head/Program Coordinator + 25 Marks Supervisor)
3. Final Defense - 80% Marks of 200 (100 Marks Mentor + 20 Marks Supervisor + 40 Marks External)
The evaluation committee and evaluation criteria should be as follow;
a. Evaluation committee:
- Project Supervisor
- External Examiner
b. Marks Distribution:
- Head / Program Coordinator – 10
- Supervisor – 50
- Mentor – 100
- External Examiner – 40
- Total – 200
c. Focus of the evaluation:
- Presentation Skills
- Level of Work Done and Understanding of Internship Activities
- Internship Report
- Viva/Question Answer
1. Prescribed content flow for the project proposal
2. Problem Statement
4. Description of Internship Work/Project
5. Internship Plan
6. Expected Outcome of Internship Activities
2. Prescribed content flow for the internship report
1. Cover & Title Page
2. Certificate Page
i. Mentors’ Recommendation from Company
ii. Supervisors’ Recommendation
iii. Examiners’ Approval Letter
4. Abstract Page
5. Table of Contents
6. List of Abbreviations, List of Figures, List of Tables, List of Abbreviations
7. Main Report
9. Bibliography (if any)
10. Appendices (Screen Shots/ Source Codes/ Work Logs etc…)
3. Prescribed chapters in the main report
1. Chapter 1: Introduction
1.1. Introduction (Introduce the project/ work done during internship)
1.2. Problem Statement
1.4. Scope and Limitation
1.5. Report Organization
2. Chapter 2: Organization Details and Literature Review
2.1. Introduction to Organization
2.2. Organizational Hierarchy
2.3. Working Domains of Organization
2.4. Description of Intern Department/Unit
2.5. Literature Review / Related Study (if any)
3. Chapter 3: Internship Activities
3.1. Roles and Responsibilities
3.2. Weekly log (Log should contain the list of technical activities performed)
3.3. Description of the Project(s) Involved During Internship
3.4. Tasks / Activities Performed (Technical details of the activities done during the internship)
4. Chapter 4: Conclusion and Learning Outcomes
4.2. Learning OutcomeStudents should be able to relate and contextualize the above-mentioned concepts with their project work/activities done during internship at the host organization.Citation and ReferencingThe listing of references should be listed in the references section. The references contain the list of articles, books, URLs that are cited in the document. The books, articles, and others that are studied during the study but are not cited in the document can be listed in the bibliography section. The citation and referencing standard should be APA referencing standard. The text inside the document should be cited accordingly. The APA referencing standard can be found in the web at https://apastyle.apa.org/Report Format Standards
Final Report Binding and SubmissionNo of Copies: 3 (College Library + Self + Dean Office)Look and Feel: Golden Embracing with Black BindingA final approved signed copy of the report should be submitted to the Dean Office, Exam Section, Institute of Science and Technology, Tribhuvan University
- Page Number: The pages from certificate page to the list of tables/figures/abbreviations/approvals should be numbered in roman starting from i. The pages from chapter 1 onwards should be numbered in numeric starting from 1. The page number should be inserted at bottom, aligned center.
- Page Size and Margin: The paper size must be a page size corresponding to A4. The margins must be set as Top = 1; Bottom = 1; Right = 1; Left 1.25
- Paragraph Style: All paragraphs must be justified and have spacing of 1.5.
- Text Font of Document: The contents in the document should be in Times New Roman font. The font size in the paragraphs of document should be 12
- Section Headings: Font size for the headings should be 16 for chapter headings, 14 for section headings, 12 for sub-section headings. All the headings should be bold faced.
- Figures and Tables: Position of figures and tables should be aligned center. The figure caption should be centred below the figure and table captions should be centred above the table. All the captions should be of bold face with 12 font size.
Lab and Practical works